Monday, December 19, 2005

Well Shoulda Known

that getting any of my Christmas shopping done early, was going to backfire on me. I had gotton Samantha that littlest pet shop turtle that she really really wanted. Well when we went back they were all gone so was glad I got it. Well, we went to Wal-Mart to get Ron some glasses...whattya know??? they got a whole bunch more of those turtles in, we walked right by a big display. So of course Grandma had sent her some money and she just had to have it. I tried & tried to talk her out of it, even offered to get her something more & I would pay the rest! but nope, she wasn't having any of it! ack! REally, I was disappointed. It's not the present, it's that I really wanted to get her something she wanted & surprise her with it. Just wanted to give her back some of that joy that she gives to me everyday.
ok, I'm off here as I'm starting to cry. going to go finish watching Forrest Gump with dh. It's just such a good movie!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww, that's a bummer. Hugs!

Bobbie said...

LOL Know what you mean, Heather has a job now, so she is always buying stuff. So it was really hard to buy things she didn't already have.

Anonymous said...

Well, she'll have 2 turtles now right? hehe I love Forrest Gump too...I watched it twice the other night. lol LOVE YOUR BLOG, GF!