Tuesday, December 20, 2005

O' Christmas Tree

Finally got the the Christmas tree up! yay!!! So this is our Christmas tree, both lit up & a day shot. The red bows are my idea, I really like bows on Christmas trees. However, I noticed this year that the really red bows kinda clash with the burgandy red of the tree skirt. So now, do I go get dark red bows or what?!?!?
I actually have to give Ron credit for kickin' me in the Bee-hind! And we both have to thank Samantha because she was walking around singing Christmas songs. Rons said "that's it! I'm gettin' the tree" and he did. He put it up and I did the lights & bows & then Samantha did the ornaments, all by herself. It might not be perfect but it's ours.

I actually vote for a new tree but I've been outvoted! Samantha actually went as far to tell me that "maybe I'ld learn the true meaning of Christmas!"
Oh Yeah, Samantha what is that?
"To appreciate the tree you have!"
Geeze here I thought it was the birth of the Christ Child...lol...my bad :-D


I'm also not fond of the ugly lookin' tree topper but Ron likes it. And not only does Samantha like it, she thinks it's so beautiful!!! How did I get such a weird kid anyway? lol
Once upon a time, Ron actually went as far as telling me that it was a family heirloom so I wouldn't throw it out. After a few years, thinking about how his mom is a Jehovah's witness, I really started to question the whole thing & the truth came out!! Duped, I tell ya! But there is it again, adorning our tree. Great restraint on my part, I say. lol




And I thought I would highlight a few ornaments on our tree. The one with Samantha's pic on it, she made last year in pre-K. There is a little poem on it something about her foot being the body of the angel & her hands being the wings. Then it also has a little gold halo. The candy cane themed heart with a bell, she also made in pre-K. The little lamb was given to me by a classmate & friend Heidi back sometime in HS but I don't remember which grade. That's Samantha's fav ornament for some reason, she loves it. It's always last to go on the tree & she finds a very special spot for it. She also told me this year, it's "too cute to put on the tree, I want to play with it" But on the tree it went anyway. I believe that it's the first ornament I was ever given by someone, certainly the first I can remember & the oldest one I still have today.
The cherised teddy is mine. I don't remember who I got it from but I love teddy bears and I have a collection of the Cherised Teddies. I also love the ornament with Mary, Joseph and baby Jesus in the manger and so does Samantha, it's one of our favorites. My Auntie Lousie & Uncle Gary (my dad's half brother) gave it to our family one year. It's an Avon ornament. The little star lights up and it plays music but this year it gave out and the battery is not replaceable! :-(
Shame on Avon!!
That's our Tree :)

3 comments:

Bobbie said...

Looks great!

Anonymous said...

It's so pretty!

Jen said...

Super pretty tree!