Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Uh, PUH-Leazzzzee PEOPLE!! headlines that tick me off

So, I read yesterday or a couple of days ago about this whole nutritional food in the schools thing in Illinois. Ok yes, I'm all for nutritional foods in school instead of junk food, that's understandable. But under these new SO CALLED! "guidlines" Whole Milk, would be banned for it's high fat content. However, a 1 ounce bag of baked chips or cheetos would be allowed because it would fall in under the fat content rule! Uh, hello! who comes up with this stuff??? Whole milk at least has some nutritional value to it! what nutritional value does chips have baked or not? I guess the exception to the fat content would be nuts, they did say that. So my question, do they want kids to be healthy, really? or do they want them to be thin? Because I seriously know a gal who practiacally lives off low/fat free snacks & Diet Mt. Dew. Granted she's thin, but she's not healthy!
IMO, I think that's crappy! JMHO

Then I have to touch on the parachutin gal who's parachute didn't open and she fell flat on her face. Lives & is taken to the hospital, finds out she's pregnant. After many surgeries, she's doing fairly good and her baby not only survived but appears to be healthy. So what does she say, she's due in June but her next plane jump will be in August. She didn't learn the first time or what?!?!? Seriously! You're going to have a month or so old baby at home & go jump out of a plane...again! NOT BrighT!!! again, JMHO
(Side note) As a parent I feel that it is my duty to avoid life risking activities. Is the need to jump out of a plane so great that I'm willing to leave my child without a mother for the rest of it's life???? I think not but that's just me. I feel that certain responsiblity. And I guess I'm opening myself up to confrontation which I usually avoid at all costs but I felt a need to speak out apparently. Not that these are the only 2 topics bothering me but all that I can think of at the moment.

3 comments:

Amy W. said...

i totally understand where your coming from, Cami. (on both accounts) it's hard for me to comprehend that people are sooo different then i am. lol

Anonymous said...

I read about that parachute gal. Crazy. I've always wanted to do that but don't think it's gonna happen! LOL!!
It is crazy what is considered "healthy" these days.
:-)

Bobbie said...

Cami,

I totally agree with you on points.

I think when you become a parent there are certain responsiblities that go with it, and doing something so dangerous is not responsible.