Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Kinda breaks my heart, yes it does........

So, Samantha had dance class today. She said the instructor asked them all to name their favorite song. She said she didn't because she got to scared & a little shy that everybody would laugh at her or call her a baby because her favorite song is "Splish Splash"....Ohhhhh! I felt bad for her &it just broke my heart is all. I was shy like that when I was young too. Maybe not her age but once I got into grade school I was. heck, I still am. OH~ *BIG sigh*
Now, on that note....I (her mother) was not aware her favorite song was "Splish, Splash" lol! wouldn't have guessed it...I thought it was something from the Shrek Soundtrack, as that's played daily around here! but she has this singing chicky my mom gave her many moons ago for easter that sings "splish, splash" & she's been playing that lately so I think she just had it on the brain today :D
How did she find the chicky???? you might NOT be asking yourself but I'm a gonna tell ya anway! lol....she was cleaning her room! "Allelujiah!!! (in my best heavenly singing voice) Allelujiah!!! lol...she decided by herself to do some picking up. But then afterwards asked me how much I was gonna pay her? rofl! Ahhhh....kids :)

She told me this morning that she had a dream that I gave her 2 $20 bills, for picking up the spot in front of her closet. "Kid, you were definitely DREAMIN!!!! hello!"
So today was not a struggle to get her ready for dance & we got there on time! yay!!! She wants to join Girl Scouts now and I am just undecided on that. registration is next week so I have a lil time to think about it. They have really been pushing it at school. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a great program. But she already doesn't want to finish her dance committment for the year..so we'll see.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, poor Samantha. I was alot like that too.
Hugs!! Hope today is a great one!

Unknown said...

ohhhh poor baby.. its tough to be shy. My son is like that as well. You shy? nooooo I don't believe it.. lol Maybe she'd enjoy Girl Scouts more than dance.. they get to do more fun things.. :) I was a girl scout for a lot of years and my neices are in there now.. my girls were brownies also. We also had one that took dance. Think we tried a little bit of everything.