Thursday, January 19, 2006

Time to update my blog I guess. When I tried on Sunday, my computer froze and I lost everything I had typed. Needless to say, I was a wee peeved about that!
So, last Sat was my sister's bday. She lives in a smaller town 45 mins from me. So my Aunt & I went up there...met her and her friends & then we to an Eagles Club 20 mins from her, where our other Aunt & Uncle's Country Western band was playing. Of course I freakin forgot my camera!!! I am so mad at myself. I actually remembered to bring it to my sisters but I brought it in to her house with the intention of getting a group photo before we left for the bar. Yeah, that didn't happen either. So, the chances of having this particular group of people all together for something has never happened & probably will never happen again....and I Freakin forgot the camera! I guess you get my point, I'm very disappointed in me. But everyone had a fabulous, fabulous fun time!!! I'm glad we could all be there. Even tho it was 3:30 in the morning before I got home...UFF-Da! And almost 4:30 before I got to sleep, I was so tired. I'm used to staying up but not being out. And my hips hurt from dancing...I know, I really do sound old, don't I?!?!?!? lol...I was wearing heels & I've never worn heels dancing :D
So Sun. & Mon. were total down days. I'm glad Samantha didn't have any school on Monday. I'm thinkin this is a sign of getting old....when I need 2 days to recuperate from one nite out, in which I wasn't even drinkin! lol....crazy!
Tuesday was back to school & Samantha had dance and she didn't whine about going. That was nice. Weds after school, we met some friends for lunch at Planet Pizza....Samantha's fav place now. The kids had a good time playing. Last time we were there Samantha hit the jackpot on one of the machines & got like 500 tickets, she was sooo stoked! She was grabbing the sides of the machine & jumping up and down & screaming. It was cute, wish I had the camera :D
After that Becky & her kids came over for the afternoon. We did our Christmas gift exchange. (LOL!) But, it was a good visit & the kids had fun. Of course, they always start having the best time in the 10 mins right before they leave. I wonder if there's some wacky cosmic connection there?!?!?!
After they left, I decided it was time to take the Christmas Tree down, even tho we still have gifts for our other friends.
Tonight was Girl Scout open registration nite. I decided we would at least go & check it out, since Samantha has been wanting to join so badly. So we went & checked it out & when I asked Samantha what she thought, she said "I'm IN!" LOL! So, she's officially a Girl Scout Daisy! And I'm a Assistant Troop Leader! Oh lordy, I never done anything like this before. They actually said I could be a troop leader but I was unsure of that. So, I'll go with assistant for now. Who knows if Samantha will decide to stick with it after this year. But she was sooo excited. She got home & had to show daddy all her stuff. And then she was playing with her lil animals & they were "in" the Girl Scouts! It was sooo cute :)
Anywho, that's my update! TTFN!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome that you guys joined GS cami! remember when we went for awhile? I like it that it's something you two can do together besides shop! JUST KIDDING!! love ya! *sis

Jen said...

PlanetPizza rocks my socks! LOL I went there, like, 5 years ago and we spent a bajillion and one dollars trying to get enough tickets to get Wyatt something cool. (Note to self: Buy $5 toy at store, save $999,999,999,996!)

Yay for Girl Scouts! As a 12 year veteran, welcome to the club!! Hehehe

Cami said...

ROLMAO! Jen!!!!
yeah, such a racket isn't it??lol
Samantha is already addicted to winning! (we can thank Grandma for that one!) And she doesn't like the games where there's actually any playing involved, she just loves that wheel of fortune where you hit the button & take the gamble.

Anonymous said...

LOL, my friend and I were talking a while ago about how long it takes us to recover from outings...she went drinking and it took her a week to recover! LOL!
That's great about Samantha and the GS Daisies!! and yay for you for being an assistant leader!!
hugs

Bobbie said...

I'm happy you decided to let Samantha join GS. I think she will love it.

Elizabeth Terry said...

Hey Cami,

Dont you hate when your blog gets eaten? I totally just type it in word now, save every 5 seconds and then publish from there.

How fun that you're little one is doing girl scouts, I only got to do it one year and then we didnt have enough people for a troop :(.