I'm a nail biter.
Lifelong, always have been. Till about 5 years ago. I was watching some show on I believe TLC or health channel, where this woman who was a life long nail biter had to have a ton of fragments of her nails surgically removed from her intestines. EWWWWW! Aparently when they get into your intestines, it acts like fiberglass and embeds intself. cured me right then & there, quit cold turkey :D
Technically I've never eaten them, I would just bite them off. But they say you can still get shards. So I quit & of course my nails started to grow. At first I was real dilligent about keeping up with them but it seemed no matter what I did or didn't do, they would eventually peel or split or break. Years of abuse just took it's toll I guess. So I hate my nails! Eventually, I just gave up. I want nice nails so badly!!
Well, here lately I've found myself start to stick them in my mouth & I have to catch myself. I don't think I've actually bitten yet. One of the things I'm guilty of is picking at them when they are cracking or peeling. So I need to try to stop & try to keep up with them again. I'm making this a right now goal for me. Something I feel is doable. I found some stuff at Wal-Mart the other day that's supposed to really help heal them. "Miracle Cure" it says....yeah, I'm not holding my breath on that! I doubt they'll ever be healthy. But I'm making a commitment to work on them. I'm trying this stuff, see if I can at least get them all to grow out a little. I love french manicures. My nails are so small, I think they look better than just painting them.
Ok, enough about my nails. So, that's my goal :)





2 comments:
good luck! My sister was a nail biter too..she ended up in the hospital with an infection in her finger that spread.. wasn't a good time. And my youngest daughter used to stick her hands in her mouth and suck on one finger all the time..she too got an infection..they thought they might have to amputate the top of her finger! Man that was scary..She lost the nail but ended up recovering ok. Good luck Cami..its hard to break that habit..but you can do it.
Well, I think did for all intentfull puposes break "the habit" But much like an alcoholic, I don't think I consider myself ever fully cured. Even tho I don't bit them anymore. It's the picking and not Keeping up with them that I want to change :)
Post a Comment