Saturday, January 28, 2006

I wanted to share a lil
story that happened to me the other day. We have a JoAnns store
here. Other than Target or Walmart, that's the only store here to
buy scrapping stuff. I really don't like people that work there
because they are always snobby & rude. I almost hate to go in there
sometimes just because I know I'm going to be treated so rudely. No
exception this day either! ( but I won't get into the rude stuff)
But there is this one younger gal (20ish) that cashiers PT, she is
always cordial. so I'm in there & pick out some stuff. I had a
gift card from Christmas. Get to the checkout my total is $8.64 over
my card value. I had forgot to put new checks in my wallet so I'm
diggin for cash. I come up with ironically, $6.64. I told her just
to put these two dollars items back, that should do it. Then she says
to me " no, just go I'll take care of the $2!" I was totally blown
away!! I told her no, it was not that important I would come back
just take those two things off so I didn't forget to come back & pay
her. She was just "nope, already cashed out & done...don't worry
about it!" WOW! So, of course I went right home & got the money
because I didn't want to forget because I have a very bad memory. I
could almost see it if I was buying diapers & milk at a store
somewhere but at JoAnns! Very impressed that she would do such a
nice thing & for me no less.
Made my day, a renewed faith in people....it's a good thing :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's pretty cool sis..you should send a note to her manager, maybe not mention that she gave you the break, as managers can get twitchy about that stuff, but just a note saying what a wonderful asset you found her to be...and hopefully the manager would mention it to her that a customer sent a glowing note about her.

Amy W. said...

i agree, you should mention something to the manager or leave a comment about her. nice people are few and far between these days...especially in a younger person! glad you had a good day, Cami! :>

Amy W. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.