Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Samantha's Words of Wisdom

Tomorrow we are going to celebrate Grandma's (my moms) birthday. So tonite, Samantha and I sit down to make her card. She's very good about making homemade cards, she loves to do it. Me, not soo good...most of the time I just get lazy & go buy one. I wouldn't mind doing it, if I felt mine were "good enough" & I know it shouldn't be about that but I just don't feel creative enough. So, Samantha made a card for Grandma. Then she said "mom, I have to get her a present from my room." That's kind of been her thing here recently for peoples birthday she's been saying she needs to give them something from her room & wrap it all by herself. So she comes back with this plastic Christmas mug that says 'Jesus loves you snow much.' It has a picture of a snowman. One of Rons co-workers gave it to her. So she says "Mom, what does this say?" & I told her. She said "yup, I'm going to give this to Grandma" then I asked her if she didn't want to keep it....I always do that just so that she gets a chance to think about it so that later she doesn't come back & want it back...thinking there will be heck to pay. I don't know why I don't give her more credit but guess it's just the mommy worry wort in me :)
And this was the sweetest thing! She said "I know Jesus loves me, even if I don't have the cup! He does mom!"
Yes. Samantha you are very right, he does. It just amazes me this inner wise beyond her years. So matter of fact, she's convinced. It just made my heart flutter. That little girl makes me so proud :)
We don't even go to church that much. I try but not very hard. Nobody else goes in my family so then other plans are always made & I put it on the back burner.
So, now I wish I had gotton a picture of the cup before she wrapped it up but now that I think about it I can get it tomorrow. I think I definitely want to scrap this moment. This precious moment in time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you have one smart girl there, and so thoughtful!!
Definitly a scrapping moment!

Dawn said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dawn said...

What a sweety! Your little girl amazes me...I had to delete the above post for awful spelling. Sorry! :)