Sunday, October 16, 2005

Weekend ReCap

Been pretty quiet actually. Yesterday about 1 pm an Amber Alert came across the tv for two missing 13 year old girls. This happened about 100 miles from here. They aren't sure if they were possibly lured to the mall by 2 men because that was the last time they were seen Thurs evening....which is always very depressing & sad for me. Or they could just be runaways. Either way, I am praying for their safe return.

I did do a lil scrappin on a page so I'm hoping I'll have a page count soon to report to my scrapgroup, even if it's only one but more would be nice. Go Cami - Go Cami! LOL!!
Today I cleaned. My hubby finally finished cleaning out his sons old room. Still got some work ahead of us like patching a hole in the wall, painting & new carpet but it is going to be a new room for Samantha. I can't wait for it to be done...wish I could just snap my fingers, I also wish I could afford to just go all out & make it a mega room. She wants to paint a garden on the wall and sky with clouds & sun on the ceiling. I told her, we would try our best! I couldn't just have a girl that picked pink! lol, oh well! Today, I mentioned wallies of big flowers & she seemed pretty receptive as long as they are big, so that's my mission for now & paint. I wonder what the best way to paint a sky on a ceiling is??? I'm a lil vertically challenged & ceilings are not always the most fun to paint for me. I just had an idea that I need to get a before picture of this room & I'll do that when I get done posting here but as long as the puter isn't freezing up on me, I'm staying on task.
My cousin Tracey came over today to yak with me a bit & bring me a Pampered Chef book, she's having a book party....guess I'll be ordering more PC, good thing I didn't go overboard last week when I went to a party.
I made very awesome spaghetti for supper. Which in a way, I hate it when I do that because then I eat too much, if it's really good. Didn't help that I was so hungry cuz I didn't eat much today. Samantha even ate some with just a smidgin of sauce...normally she claims that she hates sauce! So proof that it must have been good....hehehe :)
Samantha had homework tonite & that went really well because she chose to draw animals. Actually homework always goes well, she likes it. They get a homework list that has a choice of 3 things to do & they get to pick one. And she's catching on to "the school way" of writing, too because when I asked her to write her name on her paper she asked "the school way?" and then she did it. She drew a bear & a horse and I was pretty impressed by her bear, I knew right away it was a bear. (CUTE SAMANTHA STORY COMIN RIGHT UP!) So when she was done with her homework she was drawing other pictures & held one up, it was kind of an oval drawing with a couple of dark colors colored in the middle. So she gets done & holds it up and says "mom what do you think of this?" (like she always does) & I said that's real nice Samantha what is it? So she tells me that it's a picture of her tummy inside her belly & I said "how do you know that's what the inside of your tummy looks like?" to which she replies (lifting up her shirt) "because I can see it when I look into my bellybutton, see!!" LOL...child..LOL!!! I laughed so good, it was pretty cute :)
She was full of them today. When I put her to bed i always go down stairs & do laundry or go do dishes because my computer room is right across from hers & while she doesn't want the door shut, she is not afraid of the dark either. She tells me that if I'm in here the light is too bright & she can't sleep. So tonite when I came up an hour later, I flipped on the hall light & went into her room to put some clothes in her drawer & lo' & behold she rolled over. I said oh poor pumpkin, can't sleep. To which she replied "yes, I was asleep but the bright light came on & woke me up!" lol...It's just funny how kids think

So, I didn't get to watch Extreme Makeover Home Edition like I wanted to but did record it so hopefully I'll get that watched soon, they were redoing a kids camp & it was a 2 hour show. I just love that show!!!!

1 comment:

Jen said...

That Samantha is too, too cute! Good luck painting her room. Maybe for the ceiling you can paint it all blue then sponge white clouds on?