Well, since it's been another week since I updated my blog..ugh! Here's what's all been happening with me. Monday Samantha woke up with her eyes nearly crusted shut & of course we were both rushing around trying to get ready, I didn't even notice. Can I even state how bad a mother I am???probably not! So I notice as we're walking out the door. I got get a warm wash cloth & clean her up & out the door we go. As I start driving I start thinking "what if this is pink eye?" Well, she certainly shouldn't be at school so I decide, no she's not going. At which point I start to go around the block & realize...it's her snack day & I already have the snacks in the car. So I turn around again and head toward the school. I tell her I'm going to take the snacks into the office & drop them off & leave her in the car. Which I did lock the doors, so she was safe. I go into the office & ask the secretary if she can make sure the teacher gets them, since Samantha has an eye infection of some sort & didn't want to bring her to school without seeing a doctor fist. Of course she rolls her eyes at me and sighs & is all huffy. This secretary really is a piece of work!!! Usually it's this or that teacher, that parents & students complain about...nope, no one likes this secretary. I've heard tons of parents just completely say what a "piece of work she is" and I've heard students complain also. I think that's terrbile myself but whatever. So then she says all condescendingly, "do you have at least a couple of mins, I can give you Samantha's orginial birth certificate back?" I say yes but am extremely annoyed at this point. I told her I left my daughter in the car!! Not to mention, I've been into the office several times this year & she has had plenty of chances to give it to me but each time she is in such huff & just can't wait to get me out of the office.... argh!! it just makes me so spittin mad!!
So back to the eyedrops... yup took her to the doctor & she has pink eye. Are given eyedrops. Monday went really well, she did soooo good...I thought "this is going to be easy." WRONG!!! Tues she started being all squirmy & said she didn't want to put them in because they hurt her. By weds nite I got mad at her because she was fighting me so bad turning her head, pushing my arm away and squeezing her eyes shut, most of the time they were not getting in her eyes even just a little bit. of course, I felt terrible and that was pretty much the way the rest of the week has gone. she was only supposed to take them for 5 days but here it is Sunday & she has not finished them yet...I don't know what to do, this morning she started getting crusty eye again I'm sure from not getting enough medicine in. To top it all off, Weds I started getting really sick again with another cold or whatever that my husband brought home! ugh!!! just when I thought I was getting somewhat better from the first one that started over a month ago, he gets sick & the cycle continues. So I thought if I don't feel better by Saturday morning, I'm going in. Of course Sat morn I felt pretty good but by after dinner it was kickin my ass big time again! I slept from 8 till 11 pm, when Samantha came in and said mommy I'm really tired! ooops!! Guess it would be time to put the child to bed. I'm tellin ya, not winnin any nominations for mother of the year this week! Then I was only up a lil over an hour & went back to bed which is so totally not like me, the never ending insomniac who loves the nite life. Had a follow-up with my "gastro dr" on Fiday, he thinks it's stress causing my intestines to spasm! Really?!?!? huh, would have thunk it?!?! lmao!! oh, goody me Ü
Samantha is still coughing & hacking & last nite said her throat hurt. Which she has never had a sore throat. And yay, flu season is just around the corner. So yup, my week of sick of being sick, already!





1 comment:
Awww, Cams! I hope you & Samantha get to feeling better soon. And you are NOT a bad mom!
Post a Comment