These ocean ones were from my film camera and then scanned. If I'ld have been thinking, in my right mind or basically not blonde...... I would have had them put them on cd when I got them developed, that would have been better quality...but oh well!
These are Daddy & Samantha at the Ocean :)


Samantha with Grandma and Grandpa

This was an old train station in Old Sacramento, it really gave you that feeling of "100 years ago" I could picture people collecting their things and buying tickets...kinda neat

This was us waiting to cross the bridge into San Francisco. thank goodness for there were some nice people who figured it out, I was actually trying to stay with these yahoos!

Samantha sleeping in her carseat & my car that was so packed!

My hubby giving his mamma a hug....he soo loves his mamma & he's a good son too :)

This one's for my sista! lol....the one time I was greatly lost, at least Ron didn't let me get lost by myself, we got lost together. When we pulled over to call BIL (he had a GPS unit), I was like "By digger that's the San Francisco Newspaper!"...what are the odds??? I gotta take a picture of that for my sis!

Samantha and Grandpa Frank having a chat

So, I ended up with a roll and a half of film and then some digitals, half of which Samantha took! lol.....guess I just wasn't in the picture taking mood. I am going to get alot more digitals that my "future SIL" took from the motorcycle. So, I won't be without pics. I got the important stuff tho I think. There is one I took that didn't turn out that was us crossing the border back into North Dakota :)
But the picture got too much glare to read the sign. Samantha and I both cheered and she said "Mom, beep the horn!" so I couldn't resist! lol
We were both happy to be home! It was kinda funny all the way home she kept saying "I can't wait to get home mom, so I can do whatever I want!" Then in the next breath she would be talking on her Barbie cell phone and say "Mom, we have to go back to the Golden Gate Bridge, my friend is going to meet me there at 5 o'clock!"
LOL...silly Samantha! But she really just was super good. She's a good traveler & entertains herself well in the car. I had dug a Crayola Wonder set out of the closet my sister had given her probably like a couple years ago. But at the time she had a fairly new set so I put this one away for another time. Well got it out for the trip & she was just so impressed. Kept telling me I was the best mom. I told her she had Auntie B to thank for that one, really :)
But I was glad I remembered it so she had something new for the trip. Plus she got spoiled with things on the trip....including some Littlest Pet Shop sets and game. And a dog puppet that we got from a store in Old Sacramento.....she cut the strings off already (only took about an hour out of the package!) because she wanted him to be "a normal dog & be able to sleep in her bed without getting all tangled up" lol
And so ends our trip saga. Things here have pretty much returned to normal. I finally got the last of my car cleaned last nite. And the day after tomorrow school starts and I will be a mother of a 1st grader! I'm not ready at all, I'm going to cry big time! Where does the time go? A first grader that wants to grow up. A first grader that when asked tonite if she wanted to make her mother cry replied "unfortunately, yes"........A first grader who is so darn picky when it come to food but has decided she will try having school lunch as opposed to bringing lunch. A first grader who I hope is more ready to take this step than I am. A 1st grader, I love dearly with all my heart :)
But I tell you here and now, it doesn't pay to procrastinate when buying school supplies, as I found out today. Wal-Mart, Target & K-Mart were all out of the specific notebooks she needs. (2 notebooks, one blue... one green... wide rule...non-perforated) geeze how hard can that be??? lol...So, I'll try some smaller stores tomorrow like the drug store & office supply. So, I am short 2 notebooks off her school supply list. oops! I hope we can find them soon.





5 comments:
Glad your back safe and sound! Loved the photos, especially the one of Samantha with her grandparents. She's such a beautiful young woman! Good luck with the notebook search, lol, those can be tricky. :)
Glad you are back! I didn't realize you were going to be so close to me! We live about 6 hours from San Francisco. Maybe one day we will get to meet!
Even though you didn't get a lot of photos, the ones you did get are great!
Awww, I'm sure you both will do fine with school.
On the picky eating....Matthew is too but he's loving school lunches and has tried so many things he'd never try with me there! Hopefully she'll do the same!
hugs
someday, maybe someday, I'll be the boss at that San Fran newspaper! woohoo!
naw, i'd never want to do that, i love having the control i have over every tiny little aspect of my little weekly.
*sis
ps, i read your blog ;)
Now if I had just read this post I would've thought it was a fab trip... however, I read you xanga blog, too. LOL Despite the navigating and camping mishaps, it sounds like it was a good trip. And what a good little traveler Samanthat is! =)
Post a Comment