It all started the other day in the grocery store as we were perusing the isles. Samantha spots the boxes of jello with the little pictures of the shaped jigglers on the front and asks "what's that mom?" She has never had jello. What??? you say, how deprived! lol... Well, not that she hasn't had the opportunity but every time it is offered to her she eagerly declines.
She tells me she doesn't like regular jello but she will try this kind :) So we decide jigglers will be made! how fun for us!!! Very, very red cherry jello to be exact :)
So at midnite, I decide ...."good idea Cami, make the jello now and it will be ready for tomorrow Samantha can have fun with the cookie cutters." Ahhhh, planning ahead is so good!
So, as I'm carefully carrying my humongous pan to the refrigerator which I made sure to clear a space first (you can't be too careful around jello ya know *wink* ) I notice one of my hairs has gotton into it.
well I can't stop mid flight to remove it so I go ahead and slide it 3/4 into the refrigerator. let go.... it was fine, so I reach to get a fork out of the drawer to get that darn hair out and the whole thing then just went SPLOOOSH! all over...well, EVERYTHING including me
ok, who would have thunk that a pan of jello could be so unstable???? certainly not I
Good thing, Ron came to investigate and then decided to help me clean up, as it was well past his bedtime at midnite. took us over 2 hours of mopping and paper towels and everything you can imagine. We had to move the fridge & china cabinet...it was such a MESS!!! I mean when Ron came up and looked at me, I was literally standing in a puddle of red jello! I have no doubt that even after 2 hours of cleaning (and that was just last nite.....I spent another hour yesterday and then today another once over with the bleach...because it just didn't feel quite right (and I certainly don't need lil visitors), that a year from now, I will be finidng red jello somewhere
and nope didn't think to get the camera





8 comments:
Oh My!!! I was laughing so hard when I read this. I thought I was the only one who did things like this. I once spilt a whole bowl of pudding on the floor. That took forever to clean up too. Hope you get some more, so Samantha can try Jello!
Jello is a devious little monster. I thought the whole way through that too bad noone was there to take a picture! If I were Ron, that's the first thing I would have done!
*sis
Oh No!!!!!!!!!! Isn't it amazing how you can have a pint of liquid and spill it and you have 5 gallons on the floor.
LOl Shirley, that is soo sooo true! it's was 2 1/2 cups yet, it felt like the red sea :D
and sis, Ron was like so stunned I think. he was like "omG, how on earth?!?!" yeah well dude, have you met your wife...no need to ask! lol
I'm so glad I'm laughing about this now :D
Okay, it's official... Samantha is not meant to have Jell-O. Next time you see it at the store... run, Cami, run! LOL =)
Hehehehee...oh, Cammers! This story is even funnier the second time around!
Oh No! I can just imagine! I spilled a huge punch bowl and am still (months later) finding splatters on the wall, baseboards, table legs, barstools, etc... even though we have been over all of them several times. i think it grows. What a nightmare! At least mine wasn't red!
Sounds like something I would do! You'll still be finding red jello to clean up 6 months from now in little nooks and crannies!
Post a Comment