Wednesday, July 05, 2006

9 Things I enjoyed about our Holiday Weekend

1. Quiet and relaxing

2. My sister, her friend Jackie & Jackie's little Kaydence came to visit and for BBQ. I was so busy with the food, I forgot to get my camera out but we had a nice visit. I loved having them here.

3. Cherries and Dirt Cake! I love cherries andI only buy them when their in season & on sale because their so expensive and Dirt Cake (yummmm-my!)

4. We found a really awesome spot to watch the fireworks, so close we felt like they were just for us :)
I love fireworks, my dream is to one day see a really big show! Samantha loves them too! And to hear her laugh and get so excited over every snap, crackle, pop & sparkle is just amazing.

5. Samantha was ready for bed after her big day and actually said she was tired and asked to go to bed.

6. Independence. America's Birthday. I know alot of times it feels like we take our independence for granted. But I know how blessed I am to be born in a land of freedom. I am truly proud to be an American :)
Big "THANK YOUS" to our service men & women!!!

7. When Samantha informed us that the Easter Bunny at the mall where you get your picture taken, "is just a regular man in bunny costume." Samantha, how do you know that, we say???? "Because when I was sitting on his lap, I looked into his mouth & it was a HUMAN mouth!"

8. I cleaned my house and caught up on laundry.

9. I love my family more each day and I am truly blessed by a wonderful little 7 year old.

No comments: