Yesterday morning I dropped Samantha off at school and then went to the grocery store. As I'm coming up my street, nearing my house I see this black & white dog standing on the opposite side of street adjacent to my driveway. I think, "I hope that dog doesn't dart out in front of me as I'm pullin in" and then I kinda stop & pull in slowly...being cautious ya know ;-)
So I get out ( the dog is obviously barking in my general direction!) and I go around to the passenger side to get my groceries. As I'm doing this, the dog runs into my yard and is standing just a few feet from me barking & growling. I grab one bag in each hand and hurry to go open my house door. I get in & the dog rushes at my door barking louder & growling at me. I close the door thinking he will go away. Nope, he just stands there in my yard and yaps. And I remember I have groceries in the car that are going to spoil. So I think he's probably not going to bite.....just go quickly, don't look at the dog & get them. But as I open the door & come part way out he rushes at me barking & growling & baring his teeth at me. Obviously, very mad. He's only about a 20lb. or so dog. His face kinda reminds me of the dog from Frasier, he's short haired too same as that Eddie. But he's bigger & taller. So I try to yell at him to "go away". Every time I open the door he rushes at me. Now, I'm kinda getting upset & I don't want my groceries to spoil. I have never seen this dog before & have no idea who he belongs to. So, I decide I have no other choice but to call animal control. Even as I disappear into the house to call, this dog just stays in my yard barking & barking & obvioulsy getting more mad by the minute. So, I'm on the phone with the police explaining the situation & she asks me if that's him she can hear barking & I say yes. Then I tell her to listen as I open the door & attempt to step out. He does the same thing! She says OMG....we'll dipatch someone. I say I feel stupid because he's a small dog but small dog or not I don't want to get bit. So, I hang up and wait. The dog doesn't quit. I decide I'll call my husband while I'm waiting. He's laughing at me, tells me to get the broom and if he rushes me to hit him with it. yeah, I really don't want to do that so I wait. So, the guy from animal control shows up and that dog just sat there & growled at me till he saw the guy approaching him and then he started to back off sideways but he still was just growling & barking. Soon they disappeared beside my house & I can hear they getting farther away. After a while I hear the dog stop barking. I wait for the guy to come back & he comes back without the dog. I asked him if he finally ran off or did he find the owner. He said yeah, found the owner 4 houses down.. I told him I didn't know who he belonged to. So then he says says to me "Excuse my language but that dog's a b**t**d" He told me he felt that dog really has a mouth on him & is not nice & that he talked to the lady about it. apparently she was home with her 3 day old baby & the dog got out. but the baby was crying so she couldn't leave it to go get the dog. She had her coat on but was still in her pj's apparently. ( but then I started thinking "who leaves a baby in the house, crying or not, to go get a dog but whatever! not the point of my story i guess) and that she feels bad and that it won't happen again.
but they are not listed in the phone book, so maybe I should write her a note saying I'm not really mad or whatever. oh, I don't know
So then I start thinking "why me?" is this my punishment for not wanting to own a dog??? My husband would probably say yes, so I'm not asking him. But yeah, in a nutshell that's my story.





3 comments:
Same thing happened to me Cami, but I was trapped in my utility room, it was a separate room outside of my kitchen. No entrance to the house from it. A "BIG" boxer trapped me in there for about 1/2 hour before he decided to go away. I still don't like Boxers.
Small dogs are the worst. And you were smart to call A.C. My right hand was bitten by a Schnauzer and I still cannot feel my finger tip to this day.
Glad to hear it all ended well, hopefully this was the dog will stay with the owner and not in your yard.
Yikes! I'm scared of most dogs as it is so I would have done the same thing for sure, Cami. *shudder*
Post a Comment