Friday, June 16, 2006

Kara's Kollage Blog Challenge

Blog challenge for today - tell about your wedding day or other special day


Sept. 25, 1997. It was a really beautiful September day. In ND, you can never be too sure! We got married in a Methodist Church even tho neither one of us is Methodist. I was raised Catholic but only attended church occasionally so I didn't have a regular church. Some of my relatives are memebers of this church & I had gone a couple of times & really liked the Pastor. He agreed to marry us. It was very small & intimate, just friends and family. My sister was my maid of Honor and my good friend, my only bridesmaid. DH had his friend as his best man & his youngest son as groomsman. The day started with Ron surprising me with my wedding band. When we went to pick out my wedding band he wanted me to do pick it out. I debated between 2 that I liked....even tho one I liked so much better. I decided on the cheaper one, as we were paying for everything ourselves. DH is so not a "credit" type of guy. So that morning he gave to me....my finished ring. He got the one I really wanted! Oh man, I cried! Then me & my girls did a lil shopping and went to get our hair done. Then we had lunch at our house with the guys. In my usual fashion, I was a lil late getting to the church so pictures were kinda short but the wedding started on time. My little brother walked me down the isle & gave me away. My aunt made my very simple dress. My uncle & aunt (his wife) sang the music & my uncle played his guitar. They are actually in a Country/Western band. I had a red rose on the alter in memory of my Grandpa who had died earlier in the year. It was a beautiful ceremony. I felt so loved. I still cry most of the time when I watch the video.
The wedding was followed by a small simple reception. We had a Karoake DJ for our "band" I think everybody had a fun with time the Karaoke. I didn't sing... I DON'T SING! Many musical people in my family, but I'm not one of them. DH sang "I can't Help Falling In Love with You" to me. I loved it (of course) but felt a little embarrassed being the center of attention.

OK, I was going to share some pics but blogspot is being a PITA. So, maybe I'll get to that later! Knowing what I know now there would have been a couple of changes. But my only regret, if I could change 1 thing & one thing only.....I would have gone with a professional photographer. I sooo want those beautiful pictures now that I'm a scrapbooker.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

sounds like a beautiful wedding. I got teary just reading about it.

Anonymous said...

You made the day sound very beautiful, and it really was, and you looked adorable. Remember when you were getting ready and we tried to talk you into putting a toy blue screw in your cleavage for your "something blue"? lol I do have one question though - am I insane, or didn't you have two bridesmaids and me? Wasn't it me, Tracy and Karla? Why do I remember there was three of us? I just may be losing it though!
*sis

Anonymous said...

What a great story, Cami! Thanks for sharing with us about your beautiful wedding day!
Hugs!

Anonymous said...

How wonderful!! I love hearing about weddings!!

Tanya said...

Awww, sounds like a wonderful day, Cami! I loved reading about it... so glad you shared.