I'm not a fast scrapper but I am happy with what I got done, 10 pages. of course, it would have been nice to get more done & I would have liked to but (for me) I was very productive. I've gone to crops & done absolutely nothing. We just had such a great time on the retreat. Small group & we all know each other so it was very comfortable. We went to
Medora which is famous for it's
Medora Musical We stayed in a house & it was very quaint & nice. Very good size, perfect for our group! Comfortable beds, which is always a plus for me because I don't sleep well when I'm not in my own bed. there wasn't too much going on there because they are still in the off season. But hey, we were there to scrap! Sat morning we did get to do a little shopping after breakfast. Samantha got Ron a hat for a souvenier & I got her a a porcelian doll, it's an angel on a wooden swing & it hangs from the ceiling. I need to get Ron to get a hook up for it yet, then I can take a picture. I thought it was very pretty, something to add to her room & a great deal for $11. One of the stores did have some scrappy stuff but I didn't see anything I really really wanted & Samantha thought she needed another stuff dog. I tried to talk her out of it but that didn't happen. There wasn't any fits or tears but she kept giving me those sad eyes. She wanted 2 of them & in the end I gave in & let her have 1. She was being really good & entertaining herself. It helped that she had the huge living room upstairs all to herself. She immediately made her and her toys right at home :)
Then when we headed for home, I told her how proud of her I was for being so good & picking up all her stuff, packing it & loading it into the car all by herself. She said " Well Mom, you showed me that you care about me buying me this puppy even tho it was expensive & I wanted to do something nice for you to show you I care about you" AWWWWWW! It just touched my heart, I love that little girl so much! (the dog was $10)
Here's our group infront of the hotel where we went to eat our meals. The food was great! (sorry to my friends on diets) But oh, it was so good. The best chicken alfredo I've ever had, just awesome! Apparently the cook used to work on some cruise ship & he kept coming out of the kitchen peeking at us eating but never said anything. the breakfasts were good & even Samantha exclaimed "the best sausage ever" she had to tell daddy about it. Anyway the hotel is.....It's very rustic. Teddy Roosevelt stayed at this hotel during his stays to Medora. His room number was #501. We would have got to tour it but there were guests in it. But very small rooms, the ones we did see. Our rooms at the house were much bigger. And we would have had to do 3 flights of stairs to get to the scrappin room so we decided the house was a much much better deal. And much more private.

L to R: Agnes, Alecia, Samantha, Karla (my friend & CMC), Tracey (my cousin) and Me
Here's my fav LO's from the weekend!


8 comments:
So glad you had a good time.
Samantha is such a sweetie!!
Love the LO's!!
How exciting for you! And Sami is too too cute!
How sweet is Samantha. I love the top layout you did, it is just perfect and Samantha looks like an angel. Glad you had a great time.
Wow, that sounds like such a great retreat, Cami. And congrats on getting 10 pages done!
Cami, glad you had fun during your retreat! awsome photograph! great layouts! :>
Awesome layout, Cami...I love the paper!
It sounds like you had so much fun, Cami!
Sounds like fun! I love that first layout too.. my favorite colors and its just an all around great page!
Post a Comment