Thursday, November 06, 2008

"Dona Nobis Pacem" GRANT US PEACE



Peace in Me

I am very glad that in a world of so much hatred and selfishness I am able to find peace within myself. The innerpeace that brings me so much joy when I am with my family. The peace of my soul when I feel I have done good works for others. The peace of my mind of knowing I have enough. The peace of love that comes from the best thing that every happened to me, being a Mother. And the peace I pray for everyday for the world I love: a peace free from hate and fear and where every child has a smile. I truly believe that we all can speak the language of peace. ~Dona Nobis Pacem~


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I like to believe that people in the long run are going to do more to promote peace than our governments. Indeed, I think that people want peace so much that one of these days governments had better get out of the way and let them have it.


-- Dwight D. Eisenhower (1890-1969)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, i'm glad you can find some peace in this crazy world, you should check out the song 'serenity' by godsmack, you might like it, just give it a listen, go on, it'll be okay, i promise.:)


sincerely,

slim jim

Anonymous said...

sorry, actually i was thinking of hollow, but serenity is good too. here's where to go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cKf3CUaYj0

hope you enjoy, and no, this is not the "official" video, but it's a good version of the song:)

Cami said...

That's a pretty good song. not something that I would pick to listen to or a favorite but I can stand to listen to it. I like the guitar in it. And the lyrics are good but one thing I don't like is that it seems so darn sad the sound of his voice and the background voices...too sad sounding.

Amy W. said...

great post Cami! hope you and your little fam are doing well. {hugs} ;)

Mimi Lenox said...

I believe you are the first peace blogger from North Dakota! Now if South Dakota would check in we'd have a pair! Thank you so much. Your globe is just lovely.

Peace to you and yours,
Mimi

You are officially #1430 in the Peace Globe Gallery