I do not believe that voting is a civic duty. I don't think anyone should vote based on looks, religion, ethnic background or for who is popular with celebrities.
I believe voting is a priviledge and civic right. If you want to vote, that's great! But get informed and make an informed to the best of your ability decision based on issues.
I don't believe everyone has to vote. Voting should be taken seriously. If you don't know the issues, don't vote.
I think it's a shame that celebrities and such use their status to influence people to vote their way.
I believe we should respect each others views as human beings. Just because we don't vote the same doesn't mean we can't be friends.
I believe McCain is getting a bad rap because of Bush. McCain is not Bush & shouldn't be judged as so because he is a Republican.
I believe the whole political system is corrupt & that is sad. There is too much money in politics. Let's take the money out and then let's vote.
I believe I will be casting my "informed" vote today! Voting is not your civic duty, it's your civic right and a priviledge...Don't Abuse the Vote!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now something that perstains me specifically. Today voting is being done in our city in our public schools. So people wanting to vote go down to whatever school district they are in. I was floored to find out they were using the school for voting during school hours. I'm a bit outraged and have been stressing over it all day. Does anybody else think that is not right??? Does anyone else's city do this? I just don't think it's a good idea to have many random people wandering around the school while children are there! And in this especially big election where if radicals are likely to be out for a cause it's on election day. In the big picture I'm probably worrying for nothing & everything will be alright. But I think better safe than sorry. We've already had to make so many changes to the school in an attempt to keep our kids safe from outsiders. So open up the school to anybody off the street during school hours?!?!?! I'm so mad!
So I'm off to vote. I'm very nervous and I hope I've made all the right choices.





2 comments:
Good post Cami. So much mudslinging and nastiness came out during this process it's aweful. Enjoyed my right to participate in the process. Some of our towns have voting in the schools and they actually close school for the day so there isn't a worry for the kids.
yes, good post, i too enjoyed my right to participate, participate in the mudslinging that is, so many accusations to make, so little time. anyway, i really like this blog so keep up the good work!! and tell your daughter that i said hello,
sincerely,
stinky mcnugget
Post a Comment