
I think if you click on it to make it bigger, you can read the journaling. But in case you can't, it reads: "Please Mom, can I have them? I know I will grow into them, I know I will!"
I finally decided I would try scanning and attempt my stitching program. HOly Hannah!! what a difference that makes! my scanner is old, so the quality is still off, but a world of difference.
So then, do you see how much paper I have on this?? not much right?!?!? other than the black background. um, guess how many pieces of paper I hacked circles out of before I decided which color and direction I wanted to go with this???? 8, can you believe that? now what am I going to do with all these circles and pieces? I know I can't just turn them into something super cute like most scrappy girls can, so here I sit. blaghity blargh :O
Yesterday Samantha got stung by a bee after school. we put ice on it right away. it was kinda funny, my friend Cara went into the school to see if she could get some ice and as we were waiting for her and in between sobs, Samantha says... "use the ice pack in my lunchbox!" What a genius! here I am 'THE MOM', do I think of such things???? No...ack! I didn't have any ointment at home so we iced it and then cleaned it with alcohol. by bed time, other than a small red spot...you would have never known she had been stung. Then this morning, she wakes up at 6am complaining of not feeling well but sounding like cold symptons, I give her some ibuprofen to help her sleep and press on. She gets up at 8:30 eats breakfast, watches tv and continues on to play the morning away. at about noon, she asks me "if I will play some video games with her?" and I then sat on the couch with her. She put her foot on my lap, I could feel it was hot. It was awful red and swollen. So I alert Ron. "yeah, it's a bee sting...it'll happen" Ok, but I decide to call the clinic anyway. At this point, she says it doesn't hurt. They advise Benadryl, which I have none of or meat tenderize with baking soda to make a paste...none of that either. So, I finally convince Samantha we'll run very quickly to the grocery store and get Benadryl. Well, they were out of the liquid but had the cream. Buy that and go home. put it on her foot and she then sleeps for almost 3 hours. When she wakes up, the thing is swollen more than ever and still red and hot. I decide no more, we're going to the clinic. The Dr. says she's pretty sure that it is an allergic reaction. She has never had a reaction to a bee sting like this before. She prescribes prednizone and Benedryl. Also she gave me antibiotics. If it doesn't get better by tomorrow evening, then it's probably an infection. WEll thank goodness the pharmacy there had the Benedryl. But really she hates it and the prednizone so it's a fight to get it down her. She is not a good medicine taker, if she doesn't like it...she fights it. I tried mixing it with water and then kool aid and to no avail, still didn't get the whole dose down her. altho, she did finally get the dose of Benedryl down. So, depending what her Dr. says this week at the re-check, we could end up getting an epi pen for future reactions because they can progressively get worse. UGH!!
But hey, I scrapped :-)





3 comments:
Poor Samantha!! I sure hope she's feeling better today.
Cute LO!!
Aww, sorry to hear about the bee sting! But way to go on the scanning! Hooray for Cami! =)
ouchy, hope Sam is better soon! cute layout, i had to giggle at how many papers you cut to get your circles...i've been there as well...lol ;>
Post a Comment