I recently read an article and I don't remember if it was in a magazine or online but it was about eliminating distracting white space from layouts. It occured to me as I was looking at all the "wrong" layouts that THOSE are my layouts. Not those ones exactly but I do that alot, more than alot.... all the time. So even if I may try scraplifting someone, that is part of the reason that it always looks off to me. Why doesn't mine look as good at this one or that one? I also know that I'm not one of those creative genius' and I never will be. But I'm happy that a creative thing is finally making sense to me. Alot of the time, I read articles and feel like "What on earth are they possibly talking about?" I will continue to scrap for me because it makes me happy. and share not because I think my layouts are "the next cutest thing" but because I feel good getting something done and I think my kid is cute enough to share :)
anyway, my 1st attempt at eliminating distracting white space. When I was first working on this i was tilting pictures this way and that way. and there they were....those big "holes" pulling my attention away from my pictures. So, I brought it more together and am way more happy with it.
2 comments:
I love this layout! Glad you are figuring out your style.
Even in my business there is a theory that white or blank spaces draw the eye. I hate to open a newspaper and see white spaces. Though some space in an ad draws a person to look at it, and that's a good thing! Though I do put together some ads and the people want every tiny centimeter filled with something. I think they look cramped and too busy. Sometimes simplicity can be really nice. I've never seen a layout by you that I didn't love...but that could just be it's my niece! *sis
Post a Comment