The 1st weekend of September, my little cousin Aaron turned 12. I decided to make him a blanket. I really anticipated that it would be so under appreciated. Guess what? He loved it! I got several, "Thank you Auntie Cami!" He kept checking out the flames and just proclaiming it was so cool. He was totally thrilled with getting a blanket versus toys. I have been giving money but I just love these blankets and I really like giving a personal gift and something I made. It was funny, my Aunt had called earlier in the day and I told her I was making a blanket and she didn't think anything of it. Then when I met up with them later and gave Aaron his blanket she said "oh, that's who you were making a blanket for"
Oh my gosh...with wide eyes Aaron said "You made this!?!" yup with my own 2 hands buddy. That little boy totally made my day, "Oh Auntie Cami, that makes it way more special, thank you!"

Then I also made one for my friends daughter who turned 5 last weekend. Here she is showing hers off! I made blankets for all 4 of her kids this year and now I wish I had gotton a picture of them all with their blankets.

2 comments:
Cami, those blankets look awsome. love the patterns you chose. how sweet for your nephew to truly appreciate it. :>
Look at you go girlie! You rule!
Post a Comment